|Morale||20 (NG), 25 (NG+) - Boss
varies (NG), varies (NG+) - Enemy
|Mission||In Search of the Immortal Wizard
The Crouching Dragon's Trial
|Drops||Set pieces for the Shanyue Soldier Set
Set pieces for the Yellow Turban Commander Set
Set pieces for the Dauntless Tiger Servant Set
Wooden Poled Spear
Ring Pommel Sabre
|Weak||Earth, Metal, Wood|
Aoye is a Boss and Enemy in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. Aoye in Wo Long is a Demon type boss. The Aoye is a massive demonic cow whose hair is possessed of dark energies, which it can manipulate to fashion into various appendages to skewer, slash at and crush its opponents. The Aoye is a persistent threat found in various missions throughout Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
The Aoye is a demon with four horns that takes the form of a cow.
Aoye Boss Wo Long
Wo Long's Aoye is a Demon Boss found in In Search of the Immortal Wizard.
- This boss is NOT optional
- In succeeding Main or Sub Missions, Aoye appears as a normal or empowered enemy.
- Hong Jing will accompany you for this boss fight during In Search of the Immortal Wizard
Wo Long Aoye Mission
Wo Long Aoye Drops
Aoye in Wo Long will drop the following resources upon defeating it:
On NG++, Aoye may drop one of these Hidden Tomes upon defeat:
Wo Long Aoye Boss Guide
Aoye Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Aoye Fight Strategy Wo Long
- Divine Beast Qilin is recommended for this encounter, as it's skill can dish serious damage to Aoye.
- Recommended elements: Earth, Wood, Metal
- Items that boosts Water defense are recommended
- Start with inflicting Poison - 4 Poison Throwing Knifes are enough to inflict it. In later parts of the fight, basic Metal spells should work just fine.
- Aoye is a very large demon who has a plethora of attacks in its moveset. When fighting this creature, keep careful watch of its various appendages as it telegraphs each strike, but it can be deceptively fast despite its size.
- At 50% HP, it will power up and begin using Ice attacks.
An important note when fighting the Aoye is to watch its "front limbs". Its left limb (your right when facing it) is used to slam the ground in front of it which should be side stepped, while its right limb is used to sweep the ground in front of it in a very wide arc, which you should dodge away from.
Periodically, the Aoye will perform a horn barrage attack in which it extends its horns very quickly, several times in succession to pierce the ground ahead of it. Move to its side when this happens. Additionally, when it covers its face with its tentacle "tusks", it is about to swing them outwards, which hits in a wide cone in front of the demon. Upon reaching 50% HP, the Aoye will glow briefly and release a barrage of ice shards all around it. Run away from the monster as it performs this.
If you stay to its side or back, the Aoye will whip the area around it with its hair which is difficult to avoid so try to remain near its front. When it extends both limbs outwards on the ground, it is about to drag its whole body forwards, slamming into anything in its path. Quickly dodge through one of its limbs on either side to avoid the attack. Lastly, the Aoye will sometimes close the distance by leaping into the air and cleaving the ground with both limbs as it lands but this can easily be dodged with decent timing, or avoided entirely by running away.
Aoye Attacks & Counters
|Tusk Strike||The Aoye covers its face with the tusk-like appendages on the sides of its head. After a brief delay, it blasts the tusks outward with force, hitting in a cone in front of it.||Deflect the attack to deal massive spirit damage.|
|Strong Limb Slam||Aoye performs a strong limb attack|
|Very Cold Bath||Aoye tries to grab his target 3 time. If succeeded, treats it with a deadly dose of Ice.|
|Front Limb Sweep||Usually used with its right "front limb" appendage (your left, when facing the creature directly), Aoye pulls its limb back and then performs a massive sweep directly in front of it. Note that it can also do this with its other limb, but less frequently so.||Roll away, or through the sweep.|
|Front Limb Smash||Usually used with its left "front limb" appendage (your right, when facing the creature directly), Aoye pulls its limb back and upwards, and then smashes the ground in front of it.||The attack covers a large distance, but has a narrow hit-box. Sidestep it at the last second.|
|Horn Barrage||The Aoye pulls its head back very briefly, before extending its horns very quickly, several times in succession to pierce the ground ahead of it, in a cascading fashion starting close to its front and ending further out ahead of the creature.||Quickly move to the monster's side as the attack begins. It does not seem able to change the direction of the barrage once it starts.|
|Frost Barrage||After reaching 50% HP, the Aoye will glow briefly and slowly release a barrage of ice shards all around it in a cascading, circular fashion while demonic vines burst out of the ground.||Run away as the monster glows.|
|Frost Blast||The Aoye slowly raises its head, revealing a glowing core under its neck. It will then release a blast of ice in a small cone towards the ground in front of it.||Move out of its front as the monster rears its head.|
|Whip Barrage||Typically used if you linger to the monster's sides or back for too long. The Aoye raises several locks of its black tentacle-like hair and after a short delay, whips the area all around it in a very erratic fasion.||Difficult to avoid at close range, run away as soon as you see several locks of hair wiggling above it.|
|Dragging Charge||The Aoye extends both limbs a long distance ahead of it. After a brief delay, it drags its entire body forwards, slamming into anything in its path.||Dodge through one of its limbs on either side before it drags itself.|
|Leaping Cleave||The Aoye leaps through the air and then cleaves inwards with both limbs as it lands.||Dodge through the cleave or quickly reposition out of the way before the monster lands.|
Aoye Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- The Aoye is a demon with four horns that takes the form of a cow. This atrocious monster uses its long hair to wrap around human prey, then skewers them with its large horns before eating them. Abruptly appearing at the summit of Mt. Tianzhushan after the Yellow Turban Rebellion had come to an end, the Aoye turned the mountain into a den of demons. Its hair is said to serve as a disguise that allowed this hideous fiend to conceal itself amidst the summit's trees, preying on travelling ascetics one after another. The hair is also capable of stretching at incredible speed and precision that even the agile Zuo Ci could not fend off.
- In the western mountains section of the Classic of Mountians and Seas, it is described as having a pale body like a cow, four horns, and coarse hair that spreads out like a cloak. Fable has it that each and every black hair that covers the body is as hard as iron wire, so resilient that no swords of spears would pierce into its flesh, and brought fright and despair unto those who dare a last stand against this demon. Also known as Aohen, the Aoye inhabits Mr. Sanweishan in the west. While generally feared as a predator, it is also seen as a symbol of the coming of winter, due to its long coat.
- Other Notes and Trivia Go Here
This Boss has no dialogue
Aoye Image Gallery
[screenshots and artwork go here]