In Search of the Immortal Wizard is a Main Mission in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. This mission is recommended for level 25. In Search of the Immortal Wizard tasks players with finding Hong Jian's master, Zuo Ci. Please see Missions for other walkthroughs on other missions. Main Missions have to be completed to progress the story forward and be able to complete the game.
- Previous: The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven
- Next: Fall of the Corrupted Eunuch
- Recommended Lvl: 25
- Bosses: Aoye
[video goes here]
First Time Completion
- Dragon's Cure Powder x1
- Dragon Vein Essence x1
- Genuine Qi Fragment x7
- Genuine Qi Clot x1
- Sacred Lotus x1
- Small Genuine Qi Clot x2
Equipment & Materials
- Five Minerals Powder x1
- Rank 3 Leather x8
- Rank 3 Steel x11
- Lieutenant-General Set
- Nameless Warrior Set
- Shanyue Soldier Set
- Warlock Set
- Yellow Turban Champion Set
- Yellow Turban Commander Set
- Iron Spetum
- Decorative Knot
- Heavy Cavalry Spear
- Bamboo Bow
In Search of the Immortal Wizard
Mission Start Text
Mt. Tianzhushan, Lujiang Commandery, Yang Province
The central peak among the sacred mointains here is often likened to a pillar supporting the heavens.
The name Mt. Tianzhushan became attached to Mt. Wanshan due to the striking shape of its rock face. It was also proclaimed to be the southernmost of the five Sacred Mountains of China by Emperor Wu in a ceremony held during his southern tour in 106 BC. The mountain is notable for its numerous unusual rock formations, valley, and caves, as well as the aloofness of its cloud-covered peak. These days it has become a haven for those who seek seclusion from society and a place to train.
In Search of the Immortal Wizard Shitieshou Locations
There is 1 Shitieshou in this mission:
- First Shitieshou: Found on top of the staircase going up right next to the fourth Battle Flag.
In Search of the Immortal Wizard Dragon's Cure Pot Upgrades Locations
There is 1 Dragon Vein Essence in this mission:
- First Dragon Vein Essence: In the cavern with the fifth Battle Flag, head up the vine to the southeast, and at the very top, drop down to the small ledge. Head up, climbing the ledge into Hong Jian's training supply room. Keep moving forward, climbing and jumping across vines to access the Dragon Vein Essence.
In Search of the Immortal Wizard Golden Cicada Shell Locations
There is 1 Golden Cicada Shell in this mission:
- First Golden Cicada Shell: In the cavern with the fifth Battle Flag, head up the vine to the southeast to reach a ledge with the Golden Cicada Shell.
In Search of the Immortal Wizard Battle Flag Locations
There are 5 Battle Flags in this mission:
- First Battle Flag: Found directly in front of you when you load into the battlefield. This Battle Flag is already raised and does not give any additional Fortitude.
- Second Battle Flag: Found on top of one of two stone structures up the hill past the Chang Gui behind the yellow bamboo from the starting area. Guarded by a Chang Gui and three Huo Shu. (+3)
- Third Battle Flag: From the second Battle Flag, head to the stone bridge and jump down on the western side. Cross the river and follow the path up, breaking through some bamboo. Guarded by two Huo Shu. (+2)
- Fourth Battle Flag: From the second Battle Flag, head to the stone bridge and jump down on the eastern side. Follow the river to get to a shallow pond with a broken bridge. The flag can be found up the hill on the opposite side of the pond. (+2)
- Fifth Battle Flag: Found in the cavern past the fourth Marking Flag. The items next to it spawn a Zhupolong. (+3)
In Search of the Immortal Wizard Marking Flag Locations
There are 5 Marking Flags in this mission:
- First Marking Flag: Can be found in two ways. After defeating the Chang Gui behind the yellow bamboo from the starting area, instead of going up the hill, break the yellowed bamboo to the east and it should be in front of you and to the right. Alternatively, from the second Battle Flag, head southeast to a stone bridge. You'll find the Marking Flag on the ground below to the southwest. (+1)
- Second Marking Flag: From the third Battle Flag, head up the staircase to reach a gazebo. East of the gazebo is a flight of stairs going down, and at the end is the flag. Guarded by a Huo Shu. (+1)
- Third Marking Flag: Head down the stairs from the second Battle Flag. At the base of the stairs and on the left are some bamboo that can be destroyed. Follow the road here to get to the flag. Guarded by three Huo Shu. (+1)
- Fourth Marking Flag: From the fourth Battle Flag, simply head up the stairs, and before you get to the cavern, there are some breakable bamboo on the left-hand side. Jump down the ledges to get to the flag. (+1)
- Fifth Marking Flag: From the fifth Battle Flag, head up the vine bridge and take the left path at the split. Climb up the vine and jump across to the next vine to access the flag. (+1)
In Search of the Immortal Wizard Walkthrough
The First & Second Battle Flags
You will start this mission with 0 Fortitude, facing the first Battle Flag provided. Hong Jian will accompany you for this mission. To your left (northwest) is a gate with a Genuine Qi Fragment in front of it. You can't go through these gates. Directly to the east are some withered yellowish bamboo that you can cut down with your weapon. Behind it is a Wolf guarding the area and and an item you can collect.
To move forward, head north-northeast from the first Battle Flag to find another set of yellowed bamboo. There is a Chang Gui patrolling the area behind it. Defeat it, then collect the Small Genuine Qi Clot in front of the yellowed bamboo to the east.
Head up the hill, and you'll have to face another Chang Gui and three Huo Shu. In the middle of the stone formations is an item you can pick up. Climb up the hill to the north and grab the Rank 3 Steel. From up here, you can jump onto the stone structure with the second Battle Flag. Raising it provides 3 Fortitude.
From the cliff southeast from here, you can jump onto the tall stone structure to loot a Small Genuine Qi Clot. Head back up to the area with the second Battle Flag, and southeast to a stone bridge. There's another item on the floor to pick up here.
The Third Battle Flag & First Marking Flag
If you look down to the southwest, you'll find a Chang Gui patrolling the area. Jump down to defeat it, destroying the yellowed bamboo if you need more space to fight. In the area is the first Marking Flag, increasing your fortitude by 1, and an item on the ground. If you head west, you'll notice that this path circles back to the starting area and the second Battle Flag.
Look northeast, where you'll find a Shuigui sitting in the river, and a Wolf drinking some water not too far behind it. Defeat both, then follow the river west to find a Shuigui next to a Genuine Qi Fragment. Following the river here takes you back to the starting area, so go back to where you fought the Wolf and Shuigui and turn right, crossing the river. Here, you'll find a Genuine Qi Fragment.
Follow the road up west and be careful when you get to the yellowed bamboo as the Huo Shu behind it can destroy the bamboo and roll right into you. After you've defeated it, continue following the road west to find and raise the third Battle Flag, providing 2 Fortitude.
The Second & Third Marking Flags
Turn around and head towards the stairs to the southeast. On your way, you'll find a secluded area on your right with a Dragon's Cure Powder. Head up the stairs and you'll come face to face to a non-boss Zhu Yan in front of a gazebo. In the gazebo is a chest with a piece of equipment inside. North of the gazebo is a Genuine Qi Fragment on the ground. Jump down to fight the Wolf and pick up the item on the ground, then head back up to the gazebo.
East of the gazebo are a set of stairs going down. Follow them, picking up the loot on ground as you pass it by, and you'll get to the second Marking Flag guarded by a Huo Shu. This flag provides 1 Fortitude.
Head back up the stairs to the gazebo then go north to the stone bridge. This bridge takes you back to the second Battle Flag. Head down the steps to fight two Wolves and grab the Genuine Qi Fragment. Break the yellowed bamboo to the east of the base of the steps to find three Rank 3 Leather. Following the road up, you'll find some Anti-freeze Soil to your right and encounter some Huo Shu up ahead. These enemies were guarding the third Marking Flag that increases your Fortitude by 1.
The Fourth Battle Flag & Marking Flag
Head back down the slope and back to the river. Follow the river west towards the bridge and behind a rock is another Genuine Qi Fragment. Turn around and follow the river away from the bridge. You'll find a Chang Gui watching an item in the river very closely. Not far behind it is a Huo Shu. After both enemies have been defeated, follow the road you found the Huo Shu on, and you'll be able to find two Rank 3 Steel. Jump into the water and fight all five Shuigui here.
From the broken bridge, circle around the southern most tall stone structure until you can climb up top. From here, jump to the other tall stone structure to loot two Rank 3 Steel. On the small piece of land in the southeastern part of the pond are two pieces of Rank 3 Leather. Still in the pond, if you look up on the cliffs on the southern side you'll find an item you can pick up. Simply jump up the cliff face to grab it.
With all the items in the area looted, head southeast and up the hill to reach the fourth Battle Flag providing 2 Fortitude. Up the next flight of stairs is a Shitieshou you can offer some metals to. Continue up the stairs and before you reach the cave ahead, you'll find some yellowed bamboo to your left leading to the fourth Marking Flag, giving you an additional 1 Fortitude.
The Fifth Battle Flag & Marking Flag
Double back to the split, then head up towards the cave. On the way, you'll find a Genuine Qi Fragment on the left. At the cave entrance are some demonic vines. Look to your left when you enter to find a Rank 3 Steel. Continue forward, passing by a small campfire until you reach the top of the slope and Hong Jing makes an exclamation.
To your left is a vine you can climb up to grab a Golden Cicada Shell. Climb up the next vine and jump down onto the ledge with an item to pick up two Rank 3 Steel. Head forward and climb up the ledge. This small room contains Hong Jing's childhood training supplies. You'll find a chest with a Genuine Qi Clot and the Despairing Taoist's Note on the ground. Head forward and climb up the vine. Jump across to the nearest two vines to reach a Dragon Vein Essence.
Jump down into the open cavern. There are two items to pick up here - one Five Minerals Powder and two Rank 3 Leather. Be careful, however, as picking one of the items up spawns a Zhupolong. Defeat it, then activate the fifth Battle Flag, providing 3 Fortitude. To the west, you'll find a stack of boxes with an item behind it.
From the Battle Flag, take the vine bridge up and you'll get to a split - one path going to the left leading back into the cave, the other on the right leading outside. Head left, where you'll encounter a Huo Shu. Continue forward, ignoring the vine for now and you'll find a Rank 3 Leather. Climb up the vine, and jump to the next vine to reach the fifth Marking Flag, providing 1 Fortitude.
Jump down to the Battle Flag and up the vine bridge again. This time, take the right path in the split. As you move forward, you'll find the Taoist's House Key in an alcove to your left. This key is given to the Hermit of Tianzhu in the Hidden Village. Continue forward, and when you reach the ledge, prepare and buff yourself because you'll be challenging a boss next.
When you jump down into the open area, a cutscene will play and introduce Aoye. It starts with 15 Morale and at about half health it drops to 14. It's various appendages have large swinging, but telegraphed attacks. Beware for it's surprising mobility. Learn more about it and how to beat it by reading it's individual page.
Defeat Aoye and another cutscene will play, this time introducing Zuo Ci. At the end of the lengthy cutscene, you'll be rewarded with a new Divine Beast - Baize - and an Iron Spetum among other items. In addition, Zuo Ci will also be present at the Hidden Village and provide the following services: Reset Parameters, Accolade Reward, and Character Creation.
[video goes here]
Trivia & Notes:Trivia and notes go here