The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven is a Main Mission in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. This mission is recommended for level 17. The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven tasks players with taking a secret route to infiltrate the fort and defeat the leader of the Yellow Turbans. Please see Missions for other walkthroughs on other missions. Main Missions have to be completed to progress the story forward and be able to complete the game.
- Previous: The Valley of the Crying Wraiths
- Next: In Search of the Immortal Wizard
- Recommended Lvl: 17
- Bosses: Zhang Jiao, General of Heaven
[video goes here]
First Time Completion
- x2 Rank 2 Steel
- x1 Yellow Turban Commander Helmet
- x1 Yellow Turban Commander Armor
- x1 Chivalrious Swordsman Dual Swords
- x2 Rank 2 Steel
- x1 Yellow Turban Commander Helmet
- x1 Yellow Turban Commander Armor
- x1 Chivalrious Swordsman Dual Swords
- Tiger Seal
- Detox Jerky
- Anti-freeze Oil
- Genuine Qi Clot
- Talismanic Water
- Genuine Qi Flake
- Oil of Awakening
- Five Minerals Powder
- Small Genuine Qi Clot
Equipment & Materials
- Rank 2 Steel
- Rank 2 Leather
- Rank 3 Leather
- Warlock Set
- Wuhuan Cavalry Set
- Lieutenant-General Set
- Yellow Turban Bandit Set
- Yellow Turban Champion Set
- Yellow Turban Commander Set
- White Horse Servant Cavalry Set
- Polearm Podao
- Iron Sword
- Great Wooden Hammer
- Qiang Scimitar
- Ring Pommel Sabre
- Dual Marquis Halberds
- Bamboo Crossbow
- Bandit (Yellow Turban)
- Chang Gui
- Demonized Fanatic
- Demonized Soldier
- Demonized Officer
- Demonized Warlock
- Huo Shu
- Soldier (Yellow Turban)
- Suan Yu
- Officer (Yellow Turban)
- Zhao Hong (NPC Invader)
The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven
Mission Start Text
"The Yellow Turbans' bloody campaign is coordinated from this base in Julu Commandery in the south of Ji Province.
Guangzong is home to the Shaqiu Palace (Shaqiu being an old name for Guangzong), built by King Wuling of Zhao in the Spriing and Autumn and Warring States periods. The First Emperor of Qin, who unified the nation, restored the palace and used it as a secondary residence during his nationwide tours, and it was here that he suddenly perished during his fourth trip.
The Yellow Turbans have laid claim to it and modified it into a fortress that acts as their main base of operations. Nowadays it is an accursed land, swarming with those who rejoice in the fall of the Azure Heaven and herald the rise of the Yellow Heaven."
The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven Shitieshou Locations
Thereis one Shitieshou Demon that can be found in this mission:
- First Shitieshou Demon: Located inside a house in a dilapidated village near the Third Battle Flag (temple). Check the house by the corner in the east section of the village. The friendly demon is inside the house.
The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven Dragon's Cure Pot Upgrades Locations
There is one Dragon Vein Crystal that can be found in this mission:
- x1 Dragon Vein Crystal: located inside the temple on the left, on a traditional Chinese canopy bed. It's in the inner fort with the large bonfire, past the Battle Flag near the boss arena.
The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven Golden Cicada Shell Locations
There is one Golden Cicada Shell that can be found in this mission:
- First Golden Cicada Shell: Located on a roof in a dilapidated village near the Third Battle Flag (temple). From the temple, climb the wooden scaffolds and follow the path around the village via the rooftop of the houses. You'll eventually reach the path leading to the entrance of a cave covered with red glowing vines.
The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven Battle Flag Locations
There are 6 Battle Flags that can be found in this mission:
- First Battle Flag: The first battle flag is already unlocked here, it's next to Zhu Xia, the blacksmith, south of the military campsite. (0 Fortitude)
- Second Battle Flag: Found outside of the cave from where you found the First Marking Flag. Unmissable, you'll see it by the cave's exit. (+2 Fortitude)
- Third Battle Flag: Found at a temple in the center area of the dilapidated village near the Second Battle Flag. You won't miss it since you'll see it from afar and you'll pass by it. (+3 Fortitude)
- Fourth Battle Flag: Behind the East Gate of the Abandoned Fort. You need to defeat the enemies here before you can raise the battle flag. The flag post is guarded by Demonized Soldiers and the serpent-flying demon, Suan Yu. (+3 Fortitude)
- Fifth Battle Flag: Located by the Main Gate of the Abandoned Fort. Unmissable. (+2 Fortitude)
- Sixth Battle Flag: Located by the entrance of the boss arena. Unmissable (+3 Fortitude)
The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven Marking Flag Locations
There are 7 Marking Flags that can be found in this mission:
- First Marking Flag: Found early in this mission, enter the cave, as you reach the first inner section from the Y-intersection, clear the area of enemies and then check the east side. You won't miss it, the spot is guarded by a Yellow Turban Officer. (+1 Fortitude)
- Second Marking Flag: Found at the east side of the dilapidated village where the Third and Second Battle Flags are located. The Second Marking Flag is inside a house. (+1 Fortitude)
- Third Marking Flag: Found at the east side of the dilapidated village where the Third and Second Battle Flags are located. The Third Marking Flag can be found on the roof of a house. But to reach it, you'll need to find the path connected to the temple's rooftop in the inner fort with the large bonfire. (+1 Fortitude)
- Fourth Marking Flag: Located at the east section of the Abandoned Fort. Upon exiting the cave, turn right as you walk on the rickety wooden platforms, defeat the Demonized Fanatic enemy, continue along the narrow path, jump across, and go straight to find the fourth Marking Flag. (+1 Fortitude)
- Fifth Marking Flag: Located at the central section of the Abandoned Fort. From the east gate of the fort, hug the wall on the right and keep moving forward. You'll see it as you walk ahead, guarded by demons. (+1 Fortitude)
- Sixth Marking Flag: Located at the central section of the Abandoned Fort. It's at the top level of a watchtower scaffold. Simply go east and climb the ladder and then jump across to reach the flagpost. (+1 Fortitude)
- Seventh Marking Flag: This marking flag can be located inside a locked room on the right side temple within the inner fort with a large bonfire. To reach the room, you need to climb to the rooftop and run along the sides to find an opening. (+1 Fortitude)
The Demon Fort of the Yellow Heaven Walkthrough
Sun Jian's Camp - First Battle Flag
The mission upon completing The Valley of the Crying Wraiths and you'll find yourself at a military campsite of Sun Jian, who will be your Recruitment companion for this mission. There are 6 Battle Flags that can be located in this mission, and the first one is already raised, just south of the campsite, next to the blacksmith, Zhu Xia. You won't miss it.
Make further preparations if needed before you start exploring, if you're ready, turn around from the Battle Flag, jump on the upper ground platform, and follow the path into a cave where you'll first encounter a Yellow Turban Bandit by the entrance. Walk up a bit to a Y-intersection, on the right, you'll find an item that you can loot from the ground behind some small crates. Grab the item and then head to the opposite side to reach the inner section of the cave — you'll find a few Yellow Turban Bandits here.
First Marking Flag and Second Battle Flag
From the first section, after you cleared the area, go east and you'll find the spot of the first Marking Flag. You can sneak up behind the enemy to perform a backstab attack, and then proceed to kill the enemy, as well as the Demonized Warlock enemy before you raise the Marking Flag that yields +1 Fortitude. The cave is pretty much clear here, all you need to do is exit the cave where you'll find the Second Battle Flag — raise it to acquire +2 Fortitude.
Dilapidated Village - Third Battle Flag
From the battle flag, jump down where you'll see three Warlock enemies around a bonfire. Eliminate the enemies and open the chest nearby to find some items. Next to the chest on the right, there's an item you can grab behind the small crates. Now head in the opposite direction that leads into the village where you'll encounter more Yellow Turban Soldiers. First, check the west section and grab the item on the ground after defeating the Yellow Turban Soldier, then head east where you'll see three black wolves, clear the area, and then grab the loot.
In the central area of the village, you'll find a temple that houses the Third Battle Flag. You'll need to defeat the enemies guarding it and the Warlock on the roof before you can raise the Battle Flag that yields +3 Fortitude. After you raise the flag, the red vines blocking the doorway behind the flagpost will disappear. Go inside to find a chest that you can open to find loot. On the right side of the Battle Flag, check the corner and you'll see wooden scaffolds that you can jump on. Head to the top of the temple's roof and check the west section to jump on the roof of the small houses. You can find a chest here that has x2 Rank 2 Leather and x1 Rank 2 Steel. And if you jump on the top of the stone fence, you can grab an item there as well.
Second and Third Marking Flags, First Shitieshou Demon
Go back to the wooden scaffolds and follow the path ahead to find a small chest. Continue moving across the roof of the houses while eliminating any Yellow Turban Soldiers guarding the area. After you clear the rooftop section, jump back down and check the house that's by the east side to find the Second Marking Flag, you won't miss it since you'll see the post inside, just be cautious about the Yellow Turban Soldiers guarding it.
The Third Marking Flag is easy to spot, it's on the roof of a house, and you've probably seen it earlier while you were running on the rooftop of the house, but to reach it, you'll need to find the path inside the cave. If you also check the house by the corner on the right side, you can find a Shitieshou Demon inside.
Dilapidated Village - Golden Cicada Shell Location
Once you're done clearing this area, you need to go back to the rooftop section and follow the path around to reach the entrance of a cave with red glowing vines that are spouting from the walls (don't forget to kick the ladder down). After clearing all the enemies, jump down first and check the house on the right, inside, you'll find a chest that contains x3 Rank 3 Leather, then jump to the roof to find x1 Golden Cicada Shell. After grabbing all of the items, enter the cave.
Fourth Marking Flag - Abandoned Fort
As you enter the cave, you'll encounter a new demon-rat enemy, a small Huo Shu. It has spikes on its back like a hedgehog and it will aggressively charge at you when it attacks. Make sure to keep your distance as well when you kill it since it will explode. Defeat the two enemies here and exit the cave where you'll find an abandoned stronghold.
Upon exiting the cave, turn right as you walk on the rickety wooden platforms, defeat the Demonized Fanatic enemy, continue along the narrow path, jump across, and go straight to find the fourth Marking Flag. Just below, you'll see a watchtower that has a small chest, inside it, you can find x1 Rank 3 Leather. After raising the flag and grabbing the items, jump down to fight the enemies. Also, check behind the watchtower from where you jumped off to find a medium-sized chest.
Abandoned Fort (East Gate) - Fourth Battle Flag
Now, open the gate on the east section, where you'll encounter more enemies guarding the location of the Fourth Battle Flag. If you climb up the ladder next to the gate, you can find an item that you can loot at the top. You can use the high ground as well to easily kill enemies with your bow weapon, and shoot the Demonized Soldiers' heads to instantly kill them. And it would be better to thin out their numbers so you can fight the Suan Yu demon one on one. Once you've cleared the area, raise the Battle Flag to acquire +3 Fortitude, and loot the items on the ground, as well as a small chest on the left side of the Battle Flag.
Abandoned Fort (Central and West Section) - Fifth Marking Flag
Next, you'll want to explore the central area and west section of the fort. From the east gate, walks straight and hug the wall on the right, move around the corner to find the Fifth Marking Flag. Be careful here since the area is heavily guarded by Demonized Soldiers, Demonized Officer, and demons such as the tiger demon Chang Gui and rat demon, Huo Shu.
Abandoned Fort (Main Gate) - Fifth Battle Flag
From the Fifth Marking Flag, there is a ladder nearby to climb the second level of the scaffolding, eliminate the Warlock enemy here, and the Yellow Turban Officer. From this angle, you'll see the Fifth Battle Flag by the main gate of the fort, which is guarded by enemies. We suggest you take out the enemies first that are on high ground, and use this to your advantage to eliminate the humanoid enemies with your bow before you fight the Chang Gui demon. Tread carefully on the scaffolding since enemies are hiding around corners and some are patrolling it — once you've cleared the area, raise the Battle Flag to acquire +2 Fortitude.
Abandoned Fort (Main Gate) - Sixth Marking Flag
From the battle flag you just raised, go west, you'll see a tall ladder, climb to the top then jump across to your left to reach the other watchtower that holds the Sixth Marking Flag. Now the main gate that leads into the inner fort is locked and you need to open it from the other side, so climb back up and use the rooftops to head to the section where you'll see a large bonfire. Eliminate the enemies and then open the gate where the Fifth last Battle Flag was raised.
Inner Fort Section - NPC Invader
Upon unlocking the gate, check the first temple on the right, you'll find a Yellow Turban Soldier here, some items to loot on the ground, and a small chest containing x3 Rank 3 Leather and x2 Rank 2 Leather. Make sure you don't walk close to the long stone staircase since an NPC invader will appear here, Zhao Hong. This elite Yellow Turban Champion wields dual halberds and is quite agile and always tries to block your attacks, luckily, you can wear him out, eventually breaking his guard, and following up with a flurry of attacks.
Dragon Vein Crystal Location and Seventh Marking Flag
Next, check the opposite temple to find more loot, especially x1 Dragon Vein Crystal. There is also a small room here, check inside to find a chest. Now, go back to the gate, and climb the scaffolding again, this time, head to the rooftop of the temple on the right to find an opening, and jump down into the locked room to find the flagpost of the Seventh Marking Flag. Also, if you climb back up the scaffolding and this time, go on the rooftop of the temple on the left, you'll find a secret path at the back that will lead you to the Third Marking Flag on a roof that you couldn't reach earlier.
Sixth Battle Flag
The last Battle Flag is quite easy to find, simply head up the tall stone staircase while you fight the enemies and find loot around the corners to also find x1 Great Sage Mentor's Note. When you reach the top, before going inside the boss arena, you'll find the Sixth and Final Battle Flag for this mission. Raise the Battle Flag to acquire +3 Fortitude. At this point, you should make preparations and rest before fighting the boss ahead — simply open the door to enter and a cutscene will trigger.
Boss Battle: Zhang Jiao, General of Heaven
You will fight against an empowered Zhang Jiao who has transformed into a large demonic being. Zhang Jiao moves similarly to an ape and his attacks are quite slow, allowing you to react at the right moment to dodge or deflect his attacks. Qilin is still your primary Divine Beast that you have equipped, and casting a Wizardry Spell such as Absorb Vitality will help you in recovering your health whenever you attack the boss.
The goal here is to charge in after he attacks and continuously attack him and summon Qilin, eventually breaking his guard, and allowing you to perform a strong attack. But of course, don't be greedy, watch for his attacks, and step back if needed. He does conjure lightning bolts around the battlefield and you'll want to be ready to dodge this since it deals a high amount of damage if you get hit consecutively. Zhang Jiao also conjures Tornado Storms around the battlefield to try and slow you down and eventually get damaged if you get caught. You can only run away from these until it disappears.
You'll complete this quest after, defeating this boss defeating Zhang Jiao has a chance to drop set pieces for the White Horse Servant Cavalry Set, as well as 9760 Accolades, and 7,025 Copper — a cutscene will trigger after the boss battle and you'll acquire a new Divine Beast, Baihu. The Hidden Village also becomes accessible after this mission> If you want to visit the Hidden Village, use the Travel function when you rest at an active Battle Flag.
[video goes here]
Trivia & Notes:Trivia and notes go here