Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! is a Sub Mission in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. This mission is recommended for level 98. Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! tasks players with seeking out some high quality metal for Zhu Xia. Please see Missions for other walkthroughs on other missions. Sub Missions are secondary quests that are not mandatory for completing the game but can yield important rewards as well as expand the lore and story of the game and its characters.
[video goes here]
First Time Completion
- Hermit of Tianzhu (Concerned Wife)
- Bear Gall x1
- Detox Jerky x1
- Dragon's Cure Powder x1
- Heatproof Ice x2
- Large Genuine Qi Clot x2
- Large Genuine Qi Crystal x1
- Small Genuine Qi Crystal x2
Equipment & Materials
- Dong Zhuo Soldier Set
- Evil Taoist Set
- Han Soldier Set
- Leader of Lords Set
- Lieutenant-General Set
- Man of Benevolence Set
- Shanyue Soldier Set
- Vicious Tiger Set
- Five Minerals Powder x1
- Rank 9 Steel x2
- Bronze Dual Swords
- Dizi Flute
- Five-Colored Cudgel
- General-In-Chief's Seal
- Heaven's Reliance
- Spear of the Hegemon-King
Let's Make Our Halberds Shine!
Mission Start Text
And so, with the flames of Yu Ji's ambitions extinguished, peace returned to the land once more. Though, among the rejoicing cheers, Zhu Xia continues to train relentlessly in preparationi to fight further affliction of the war. There is word that in a village hidden away on a distant mountain are pieces of the most supreme of steel.
Zhu Xia humbly requested an investigation of this rumor, but as fate would have it, the mountain was the very location where the encounter with the Blindfolded Boy took place.
Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! Shitieshou Locations
There is 1 Shitieshou in this mission:
- First Shitieshou: From the fourth Marking Flag, hug the left wall and go up the path here to find the Shitieshou surrounded by three Wolves.
Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! Dragon's Cure Pot Upgrades Locations
- There are no Dragon's Cure Pot Upgrades in this mission
Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! Golden Cicada Shell Locations
- There are no Golden Cicada Shells in this mission
Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! Battle Flag Locations
There are 2 Battle Flags in this mission:
- First Battle Flag: Found in front of you at the start of the battlefield. This Battle Flag is already raised and does not give any additional Fortitude.
- Second Battle Flag: From the second Marking Flag, head into the next area and immediately turn left. Down the slope is the flag. (+2)
Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! Marking Flag Locations
There are 6 Marking Flags in this mission:
- First Marking Flag: From the first Battle Flag, keep heading forward until you get to a split. Take the left split to find the flag guarded by a Warlock and two Chang Gui. (+1)
- Second Marking Flag: From the first Marking Flag, head forward towards the chest and go up the ledges to the right. You'll find the flag guarded by a Zhu Yan , two Huo Shu and a Warlock. (+1)
- Third Marking Flag: Can be reached in two ways. From the second Marking Flag, go towards the stairs going up and break the crates on the left. You'll have to defeat a Huo Shu, but at the end of the path is the flag. Alternatively, from the first Battle Flag, follow the path forward and take the right path at the split. At the bottom of the stairs are the same crates and hidden path mentioned earlier. (+1)
- Fourth Marking Flag: From the second Battle Flag, head down into the abandoned village and jump onto the rooves of the houses, hugging the left side of the village as you do. The flag will be down and to the left of the second house. (+1)
- Fifth Marking Flag: From the fourth Marking Flag, hug the left wall and go up the path here to get to the Shitieshou. In the corner, next to the building behind it is the flag. (+1)
- Sixth Marking Flag: From the fourth Marking Flag, instead of taking the path by hugging the left wall, take the path on the right parallel to it. Climb up the wooden barricades and head up the slope the find the flag. (+1)
Let's Make Our Halberds Shine! Walkthrough
First Battle Flag
You'll be brought back to the same area that The Crouching Dragon Roars takes place. Though this time, you'll start in the arena you fought the Blindfolded Boy in. For this quest, all you have to do is loot the chest at the end of the level to finish it, and so, technically, you can run through the whole level, skipping enemies and just make a dash for the chest. This walkthrough, however, will guide you in getting all the loot and collectibles you can find in this mission
Your first Battle Flag will be in front of you as you spawn into the mission. Climb up the wooden steps and follow the path. Eventually you'll get to an area where you'll have to fight two Wolves. Break the small crates in this area to grab some loot, including a Detox Jerky.
The next area will have two stone structures and two Huo Shu. Break the small crates here to get some equipment, and as you head forward, you'll find a Small Genuine Qi Crystal on your right. You'll eventually get to a split, one path on the right going down a slope and the one on the left going onto a ledge overlooking a large open area. Head left onto the ledge.
First, Second & Third Marking Flag
Jump across the broken bridge to pick up a Dragon's Cure Powder. Jump across to the next ledge to fight the Warlock, then defeat the two Chang Gui on the ground. After they've been defeated, activate the first Marking Flag here for 1 Fortitude and pick up the Heatproof Ice. Go back to the broken bridge you jumped over earlier and pick up the Small Genuine Qi Crystal right below it. Continue forward and loot the chest for a piece of equipment.
Go up the ledges to your right and follow the path. Here, you'll have to fight a Zhu Yan, two Huo Shu, and a Warlock. Pick up the items on the ground and activate the second Marking Flag, giving you 1 additional Fortitude. Continue forward and you'll have to fight another Zhu Yan, a Huo Shu, and a Wolf.
The stairs going up here takes us back to the split. From the stairs, look to the northeast and break through the small crates, revealing a path downwards. You'll come across a Huo Shu and the third Marking Flag, giving 1 Fortitude. Head back up the slope into the previous area. Pick up the items, which include a Large Genuine Qi Clot, then head southwest.
Abandoned Village - Second Battle Flag & Third Marking Flag
In this small area, you'll find a Five Minerals Powder and the second Battle Flag, providing 2 Fortitude. Head further down the slope and you'll come to an abandoned village. In front of you will be two Wolves and a Chang Gui. In the houses in this area are some pieces of equipment you can pick up, one of which also has two Spiders. If you want to finish the quest right now, go ahead to the right (northern) side of the village and run past the enemies to jump onto the roof of the houses there. There is one roof with a hole you can drop down into, and in this house is the chest that ends the mission.
If you want to explore more, however, head to the left (southern) side of the village, where one of the house roofs will have a Heatproof Ice on it. Continue hugging the left hand side of the village. And you'll find a Bear Gall on the roof of the next house. Below the roof, on the left, is the fourth Marking Flag adding 1 Fortitude. Head into the open area, where you'll find a Zhu Yan and a Wolf.
Fifth & Sixth Marking Flag
After looting the area, keep hugging the left hand side moving forward. You'll find a Large Genuine Qi Clot by the base of a stone stalagmite-like structure. Keep heading forward and you'll find three Wolves growling at a Shitieshou. Save it, and offer it some metals. In the corner, next to the house behind the Shitieshou is the fifth Marking Flag, providing 1 Fortitude.
Head back to the previous area, past the stone stalagmite, and turn left when you can. Climb over the wooden barricades and climb up the slope to find the sixth Marking Flag, increasing your Fortitude by 1. Turn around and take the left path, where you'll find a Chang Gui next to a Large Genuine Qi Crystal. Continue forward, hugging the left side, and you'll find that you've circled back to the beginning of the village.
Hermit of Tianzhu & Quest Chest
Head into the alley now in the northern side of the village entrance that leads towards the end chest. Up ahead, you'll encounter a Corpse Demon and two Huo Shu. Turn the corner to get to the back of the house at the end and climb up to the roof. There'll be an item to pick up here and if you look to your right, in a secluded area, you'll find the Hermit of Tianzhu. This is the Concerned Wife who has a questline in the Hidden Village. If you speak to her, she'll ask you for a couple coppers to find her husband.
Head back up to the roof you dropped down to and you should find a small hole in it, letting you into the house. In here is a lone chest with two Rank 9 Steel in it. Loot it and the quest will end, rewarding you with a Bamboo Repeating Crossbow among other items.
[video goes here]
Trivia & Notes:Trivia and notes go here